My name is Asher Svidensky. I’m a freelance photographer specializing in art and documentary photography with a strong passion for mixing the two styles with storytelling.
My career began whilst I was conscripted into the military back in 2009 (2009-2012). There I was fortunate enough to be able to serve as a photographer. After completing my military service, I picked up a bag, a camera, and followed my dream to be a documentary photographer. Since then my body of work has been published in magazines and newspapers around the world, including the BBC (TV, radio and website), National Geographic (Literature and Magazine), The Guardian (UK), GEO (Germany & France), AD (Netherlands) and many more.
I’ve also had the privilege to do lectures about my work in venues such as Oxford’s Natural History Museum (UK) and MGM Hotel (Macau), as well as giving two different TEDx talks on the topics of photography and the art of storytelling.
About the lectures
Here are some of the bullet points of some of the core topics I will integrate into to my lectures
- How to better match your work to your subject in documentary photography
- How to make a photo essay and tell a story that generate interests in today’s highly competitive market
- My story – how my career started and turn international overnight
- Rough lessons from my own personal experience as someone who never studied professionally and build his career solely from just taking the risk and going out there
- Starting out on your own: Finding your own style and inspiration in photography through self awareness
- How to integrate knowledge in different photography fields such as commercial photography into documentary work
- Don’t wait for the assignment train – why you shouldn’t inspire to work for a magazine
© Asher Svidensky.